Filming Teamwork – Helping Each Other January 2012
Spiers House in New Malden, part of The Greensleeves Home Trust bravely invited us into their home for the best part of a week in January this year where we filmed “Teamwork: Helping Each Other”. The programme features staff, residents and relatives demonstrating ways in which care staff will:
- Understand the difference between working on their own or as part of a team.
- Be able to identify the benefits of good team working for the home in general.
- Understand the importance of face to face communication as essential to good team working.
- Understand that everyone’s active contribution is important to being an effective team whatever their role or position.
- Understand the importance of preparation & planning in creating & maintaining a good team.
The presenter on this programme is Stella Chandler who has been working with teams in the Care Sector since 2000. Stella is from Focal Point Training and Consultancy Ltd who work with Directors, home managers, deputies and senior carers to help them develop the skills and behaviours needed to run a successful Care Home team.